What do Nicole Richie, Meg Ryan and Victoria Beckham all have in common? Well, aside from being glamorous and fabulous, they all, at some point, opted for a razor haircut. Using a razor instead of scissors may sound weird or new to some people, but to some who use it, it may be the ugly duckling’s key to becoming a swan princess. But it can work the other way around if it is used inappropriately. So before you run off to your hairdresser, why don’t you first get started with the basics?
short Razor Haircut for womenphoto By juleskills
What exactly is a razor haircut?
In contrast to traditional haircutting, which uses scissors (double blade), razor haircut, or more commonly known as razor cut, uses razor (single blade) in “slicing” the hair. In the older times, the razor cut was used only for Bobs. However, it has become more popular now and is used for other hairstyles as well. This is because, with the right hair type, “slicing” produces better results than cutting.
Slicing can be better than cutting because it:
- results to angled ends rather than blunt ends. Razor cuts the hair at an angle, in contrast to scissors, which cuts it bluntly. The result of this haircut is a more natural-looking and healthier hair.
- can add volume and body to thin hair types. Caution should be taken by those with uber thin hair, but done appropriately, it will add volume to your thin hair and make it look more vibrant.
- reduces bulkiness of thick hair. A thick hair looks bulky and is hard to fix and manage. A razor cutcould effectively result to a thinner hair, which would allow it to fall more freely, making it more manageable and easier to fix.
I want these results! Can I get a razor haircut now?
Remember that the razor cut could be bad for your hair if you do not have the right hair type. Here’s a checklist to determine whether your hair is ready to be sliced:
- Is your hair thick enough? Using razor on too thin a hair will just damage your hair. If you have thin hair, go for other types of haircut, such as one-length cuts.
- Is your hair straight? Using razor on curly hair causes flyaway, or worse, makes it look frizzy. If you have curly or wavy hair, layered cuts are your best bet.
- Is your hair short? Length will have to be foregone if body is what you want. Long hair, when “razored”, will make it look unkempt and messed up.
You choose your haircut as much as your haircut chooses you. So before you tell your hairdresser to drop the scissors, go through the checklist first. If you think your hair is long, straight and thick enough, then go and do not be afraid to ask for your razor haircut.
OK, for the fashion girls, you may love this awesome Razor Haircut with red! Hope you love this style
Short red Razor Haircut
Related Hairstyles & Haircuts posts:
- Layered Razor Haircut 2012: Why do Women Love this hairstyle Do you want to sports a new cool short hairstyle in 2012? There are a lot of women who look for a variety of hairdos from time to time. This happens each time they get bored with the old style...
- Rihanna Short Straight Haircut Get celebrity Rihanna latest new hairstyle pictures here! There are multiple separate fashions for shorter hair. Hair fashions are named shorter anytime that they are above the shoulders. A basic hairstyle for short hair is the short straight haircut! Rihanna...
- Popular Short Pixie Haircut for Women Who can be a popular picture of the pixie haircut? There are popular people in Hollywood who have tried wearing the style. Some of them are Wynona Ryder, Victoria Beckham and Keira Knightly. Popular short hairstyle: pixie cut If you want to look...
- How to Get The Best Short Haircut When it comes to short haircuts, you have all kinds of great choices out there. You have choices that you are going to want to go through to make sure that you find the one that is best for you...
- Latest Celebrity Short Haircuts The most popular short haircuts for 2012 Get short hair style ideas from celebrities. As you can see that this year a lot celebrities who were famous for their long flowing tresses chopped their hair short, either as a personal...