Are you craving to change your hair in a drastic but dramatic way? Then, any short funky hairstylecould be the answer you’re looking for to express your individualism. Hairstyles that fall into this category are fun and often low maintenance unlike the long trendy hairstyles. If you’re scissor shy, then this isn’t the hairstyle for you. However, if you’re not, then you can add some excitement to your life with this snip.
Possible Ideas To Get Your Short Funky Hairstyle
Short-haired women have a unique style sense and are often confident. Some women feel like they could never chop off their long locks while other women feel that going with short hair is a way to express themselves, setting them apart from women who choose to stick with the classic look.
What the reason, short hair should be viewed as being:
- Easy to maintain
- Be able to turn heads
If you’ve thought about going short, there are three short hairstyles to consider if you want display your confidence and bring out your notable facial features and beauty.
1 – Emo Hair
short funky emo haircut for girls
The teen Goth culture tends to go with the short emo hair style. Emo hair is a combination of Goth and punk, which can blend together fairly easily to give you a short, funky look. How can you create this style? First, you need to look for a particular shape and hair color. The haircut needs to be an asymmetrical shape that has a longer bang so you can either sweep it to the side or spike it. You can also cut your hair on the sides and crop it. Or, you can leave it longer and have it shagged.
The color for emo hair should be both bold and vivid. This is where you can experiment with the unconventional colors like purple, pink, blue, etc. You can also do painting or chunking techniques to give the hair some artistic color placement.
Styling this kind of hairstyle is fairly easy. Set the blow dryer on high heat and don’t use a brush. Rather, use your fingers to pull the hair and ends apart. Have some molding cream or paste to get the funky ends of your hair defined.
2 – Razored Bob
razored short haircut
This hairstyle takes the classic bob hairstyle and makes it funkier and edgier. Razor cutting gives the hair movement as well as texture, which is great for giving it definition when you use molding creams or paste. This versatile haircut, while not the most punk-like of all short hairstyles, can compliment any person, as it allows them to use various hair accessories and artful color placement.
3 – Spiked Hair
short spiky haircuts for women
Another very funky hairdo is the spiked hairdo! How does it work? You cut your hair into a pixie cut then slick the ends and define it with strong but chic spikes. You can also wear it soft and ruffled to give this funky style a newer look. This versatile haircut certainly has some staying power.
Since the punk style is so bold, you must have the personality to pull this style off. Since you need to be an eccentric person, this hairstyle is not for the timid person. Women who want a feminine look may not want to go with spiked hair for their haircut.
Make sure you have the confidence and personality to go with any of these bold haircuts.
How You Can Style Funky Hair
Regardless of how the cut is done, your hair can look funky with the right products and styling prep. If you want to generate funky hairstyles, make sure you always have texturizing and molding products near you at all times. You’ll also need a straightening iron and hair dryer to smooth the hair shaft to get sleek, straight styles.
Use accessories to get your funky hairstyle such as bobby pins or barrettes in mismatched patterns to get an edgy swept-do. Make sure you stock up on these accessories to get your funky look and express your personality.
Related Hairstyles & Haircuts posts:
- 2012 Short Korean Bob Hairstyle for Women This short messy Korean bob haircut is great for someone who likes variety. If the classic bob just isn’t funky enough for you, mess it up: the unkempt look is sweet if you can pull it off. Here is a gallery of...
- Short Hairstyles For Thick Hair Short hairstyles for thick hair gives thick hair a more manageable and perfect look. Short hairstyles are always liked by women and girls of all age especially those having thick hair. The face type should not be ignored when getting...
- 2012 short hairstyles – wavy hair style bob Rihanna hairstyle You’ll red bob haircut in 2012 short hairstyles to see the trends section of the Bob is back for 2012, although the specific fringe. For those who want or already in bob haircut, the question is, how to style it in 2012. When...
- Korean Short Curly Bob Hairstyle 2012 Today’s Korean hairstyles have a strong hold in their traditional roots, but with a modern twist. Styles such as the traditional Korean high hair bun are still frequently worn, but sometimes women add their own modern flair, such as lowering...
- The Popular Medium short hairstyles these days Medium short hairstyles suitable for every type of person and can be formed with flexible lengths of hair. Length long hair care needs and high maintenance, although the medium and short lengths of hair requires little maintenance. A medium length hair...